Recently I received several blogging awards and put off posting about them. I am, as always, both honored and overwhelmed. I often feel like a poseur, hanging out with a crowd of really cool bloggers and good writers. (That would be all of you.)
The rules are, as you know, the overwhelming part. So, no surprise here, I’m going to cheat. I’ve already listed so many things about myself in previous posts, I can’t think of anything interesting to say. Besides, I don’t want to put anyone to sleep with an overly long post.
But we’ll use a (cheating) variant on the new “Ask Me Anything Award” to cover that. You should feel free to ask questions in a comment, and I’ll attempt to answer them honestly and fully. Time constraints and my introverted personality won’t allow me to answer too many or those that are too personal (thus the cheating as you’ll see if you read the full rules below). But I will answer two or three, to the best of my ability, in another post. Any other questions could be used to provide information for any future awards (if anyone is still inclined to forward them to me with all the cheating I do).
The awards are:
The Thanks for Writing Award by Waldo Tomosky
The Kreativ Blogger Award by Kate Policani
The Ask Me Anything Award by Kindredspirit23
The Beautiful Blogger Award by Limebird Writers
Without further ado, my awardees are listed here. You should all feel free to ignore or accept the awards as you desire. My goal, as always, is to introduce you to blogs you may also enjoy.
Thanks for Writing
Ask Me Anything
If you haven’t yet visited some of these blogs, please do so. You won’t be disappointed.
The Inevitable Rules
For those awardees who want to follow the “official rules,” they’re listed below. If you simply want to run away and hide like some of my characters did this spring, that’s fine, too. I totally understand.
Saturday we’ll return to regularly scheduled programming (and some nice photos).
Thanks for Writing and Beautiful Blogger
1. Thank the person who gave you the award
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link to the person who nominated you for the award
4. Nominate your choice of bloggers
5. Post links to the blogs you nominated
1. Thank the nominator and link to their blog
2. List seven things that readers might find interesting about me
3. Nominate seven other bloggers
Ask Me Anything
1) Post the picture on your blog.
2) Link the picture back to the person who nominated you.
3) Nominate 2-3 others; Link the nominations back to them.
4) Create 2 posts: The first is an accepting of the award and telling people to put in the comments for this post questions about anything concerning you, and you will honestly answer them (nothing vulgar, please).
5) Answer them in your next post. At least 1 paragraph to each question. Be detailed and informative. If you really don’t like the question, be creative about the answer. Do the first 5-6 in a first blog and 5-6 more in a second blog. If there are a lot, you can decide if you want to do a third; the award creator would.