I’m behind on awards. Does this surprise anyone? And if I tried to list all the rules, respond to all the questions, and nominate the required number of bloggers, you might look something like this by the end of the post.
I promise I won’t take you there. So quickly, here’s what some wonderful people have given me recently. Please take a few moments to visit their blogs if you haven’t already. They are all good reads.
Very Inspiring Blogger by Fortyteen Candles
The Reader Appreciation Award by 4amWriter
The Commentator Award by Mskatykins
The Sunshine Award from Kat Collins
Also, I’ve got to start running faster. I’ve been tagged again. This time by Ravena Guron over at Blogspot. These younger writers are really hard to keep up with. They’re keeping me on my toes.
The Commentator Award is a new one, so I’ll give the rules here (because they’re easy to follow). And I’ll make the nominations for this one. I’ll use Ravena’s tagging questions to cover the other awards. That’ll keep this post manageable. If you want to see them, the rules for the others can be found in the links above for each award.
You’ll find your Top Recent Commenters on your site stats page on the bottom, right corner. If you don’t see this, click on the Screen Options in the top right corner and be sure that “Comments” is checked. If you are good about responding to every comment, then you will be the first one in the list. It is the next six commenters on the list that you will nominate and pass this award to.
But wait! You may nominate one more person. This person can either be a brand new commenter on your blog, the very last comment you have received (most recent), or the one who has posted your most favourite comments. This seventh nomination is your choice, but please do tell us why you have chosen them as your seventh.
As of this writing, my six top commentators/commenters are:
Congratulations, all! Please enjoy the shiny new bling to add to your blogs.
And now to answer Ravena’s tag questions.
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? (If you ever grew up.) A vet, a paramedic, a rock star, a computer scientist…. Archaeologist was a latecomer. Writer was even later to the party.
2. If you could marry any celebrity, who would it be? Hmm, a younger Harrison Ford?
3. Do you think aliens are real? Yes, but I don’t think they’re visiting us.
4. What season (Summer, Winter, Autumn or Spring) do you like the best? Why? Spring—I love the explosion of color and new life.
5. What sort of books do you read? Sci-fi, mysteries, mainstream…. But nothing too heavy or dark.
6. What is your favourite book? Why? The Lord of the Rings. I simply love the story.
7. Why did you start blogging? Agents and editors say new writers must! But now it’s for the great community I’ve found.
8. If I gave you a million pounds right now, what would you spend it on? (Assuming I’d already given two million pounds to charity.) I’d give some to charity, too. But the rest would let me quit the day job and focus on writing. Can I do that?
9. What is your favourite TV programme? Why? Hmm, I don’t watch much TV. Maybe Castle? Body of Proof?
10. If you gave birth to twins, would you give them rhyming names? Why? No, I’d want them to have their own identities.
11. If you could, would you go back in time and be seventeen again? (If you’re not yet seventeen, then sixteen? And so on Not really. But if I could have my 17-year-old body again today, that wouldn’t be so bad!
Whew, closing in on the end. Stay with me folks.
Awards involve nominations. But acceptances are time-consuming. And I’ve noticed a lot of bloggers are looking a bit haggard after the summer. So let’s do something easy.
Do you see the “My Global Community” widget on my sidebar? Take a look at all those amazing gravatars. Is there one you don’t recognize? Why not take a minute or two to click and visit that blog? (If you can—not everyone links his blog to his gravatar.)
That’s it. A simple way to check out a new blog or two without making someone come up with a creative acceptance post. (It must be obvious that I couldn’t.)
Have a great day, everyone!